Saturday, November 21, 2009

Taman Negara Pahang { Day 2 } Part 1

Alright, today I'll continue about the second day of our camp in Taman Negara.

I slept at about 11.30 p.m the night before. Never had a great sleep. The alarm clock rang at 6 p.m. sharp. Lee and Johnston were already awake.

Quickly, I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom. The Muslims were doing their prayers, so the bathrooms was not full.

After preparing myself for the day, I went back to my room, and took my handphone. Since it was still early, I spent some time with Wai Huang, snapping the morning scenery from the place I stayed.

 

Then, I went to Agoh Chalet ( place where my friends stay) to wait for them. As the sky began to become brighter, we went down to do some stretching.

Here's some pic we took before the warming up.





After warming-up, there's ice-breaking. I was grouped with Yee Xi and Ming Xiang. Our group name is Seladang. Lolz... And the teacher in-charge was an Indian Man.

Some called him Bapa Seladang while others named him as Seladang Hitam..Lolz



That's our Bapa Seladang in the photo. Together with him was a guy called 'Bad Boy' .

We had our breakfast at Liana Restaurang again. There's our meeting point during the camp. We had a scrumptious meal of 'Nasi Lemak' . Maybe I was too tired or is it really that delicious? Haha

Soon, the boat arrived to bring us to the opposite side. We started our journey from Mutiara Hotel before starting to climb Bukit Teresek.



Hui Shan and Zhi Wei was also part of my Seladang.The hiking was so difficult. Overcoming gravity was tiring.

At that time, I was still kinda sleepy. Oh ya, did I mentioned that they said we will get a gift if we reached the peak and did not finished half bottle of our water?

During climbing, Physics formula starts to play in my head. I calculated how much of gravitational potential energy will I possesed?

From the equation :

Ep = mgh

Lolz!!!

Let the picture do the speak for the climbing process.



That's our guide




Group photo in 'public toilet'

We continued climbing after that. Hui Shan was too tired to climb so I had to slow down for her. I was exhausted too. Imagine having a 10kg bag on your back while overcoming gravity.





During our first stop, I managed to snapped a photo of a PERHILITAN Officer. That's him !





Soon, we arrived at the first peak. All the time was worthy! The scenery was so beautiful. Suddenly, I don't feel tired anymore. Bad Boy was there too.


He got bitten but leech and his toe was bleeding profusely. Kesian bang...


While resting there, Group 4 arrived. Puan Ho was so tired and she seemed like she's gonna collapse.




That's Bad Boy asking me for tissue paper


We continue climbing to the second peak after a short rest. Hui Shan and Puan Ho did not follow us as they were too exhausted to continue climbing.


Everyone was so eager to collect their prize. Haha.
When we reached the second peak, I was shocked. There was nothing there also. Anyway, we could see Gunung Tahan from the second peak.


And we had some time taking pictures. Really worth the climb.











Then I asked Mr Koh where's our prize for making to the top. He said 'Root Bir' by A&W. I was like, huh? Root Bir at this kind of place? You must be kidding.


And yes! He's kidding. There's nothing at all. We went down the hill again to the first peak.


On our way down, the guide showed us a tree bark and as us to smell it. Fuyoh, it smells like Sarsi! No joke. Some of them even add the bark into their water to make their own Sarsi.


Haha...No wonder Mr Koh said that there's Root Bir.


Our team found a twisting parasite. All of us wanted to take a group photo toegether with the parasite. But in the end, the tree got covered by our asses. Haha





Soon, we reached the first peak again. Hui Shan was sitting next to the sleeping Puan Ho. Haha... Pandai enjoy life kat atas bukit ya?


Angeline, Sandra and I took some photos together. ^^ ( special thanks to Zhi Wei )




Ming Xiang and I ^^


I lepak at there until I noticed that Kumpulan Seladang had left. Lolz...
Hui Shan and I quickly rush to join the group. When we were leaving the first peak, I can heard some voices shouting ' Seladang tertinggal ! ' Lolz...


I fell down twice during this hike. The first one was quite okay for me. However, the second fall was serious.
I injured my ankle.


I never realised that my camera's LCD had spoilt until I saw Mr Koh taking photos of wild mushroom. I took out my camera but I couldn't use it.


Both of us rushed to join the rest of the group. I saw a squirrel. But I shouted , 'Monyet ! '


Lolz..really paiseh when the guide teased me.


We reached the Canopy Walk. Everyone was looking for 100 Plus there.
Lolz, RM 3.00 per can ! They said it's expensive because they had to carry the 100 Plus from downhill.


Since my camera already KO, I can't take much photos here. I can only snap photos using my handphone.






Mr Koh


I was bitten by a red ant while I'm on the Canopy Walk. Damn freaking painful. The ant is something like the one shown in Indiana Jones.


My finger immediately bleed after got bitten.


Anyway, I had to continue the walk. Soon, we reached a part that is made up of ladders. We had to descend while on the canopy walk. So scary ! We were at a height of about 60 meters from the ground !




Finally, I made it safely to the ground. Extremely thrilling ! Haha...
I still got time to disturb Vicky at the last part of the Canopy Walk by shaking the path.




We waited for others to come down before heading back to Liana Restaurant for lunch.



Had our lunch and then went back to hostel for awhile before gathering again.

We are going to Sungai Terenggan or 'Dark Water'.



Each boat can only bring 4 people. Sandra, Vicky, Hui Shan and I was in the same boat.

Dark Water is a river where the currents are very strong. Extreme caution is needed in navigating the boat.

We were so crazy ! Haha... All of us were wet when we reached Kelah Santuary, a place where we get to feed the fishes.

Nothing special at Kelah Santuary except for the 'trut trut' thing. Haha... That Malay girl really kesian. Got fooled by the abang !

That's all for now. This post is too long already. I will continue Part 2 later. Stay tuned for updates ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment