Friday, November 20, 2009

Taman Negara Pahang { Day 1 }

*Was planning to post this two days ago but I was too tired to type...*

I just got back from Pahang an hour ago...
Already left my home for 3 long days....Really feel different as soon as I stepped into my house. Felt like it is some strange place to me until I touch my computer.

Seriously, it's different. While at Taman Negara, I was not bitten by mosquitoes but at my house, I kena bite so teruk.

Actually, the camp was organised by Jabatan Pelajaran Melaka or something like that larr. Most participants are the winners of various state-level competitions. I don't know why my school was given a chance to participate in this camp. But one thing is for sure. It's super duper fun!

Let's cut the story short and get into daily activities we did there. Let the pictures do the talking

First day

I woke up at 4.30 a.m. to get ready. The night before, I slept at 12 a.m.!!! That's just 4 hours of rest.
We gathered at Unit Koku Jabatan Pelajaran at 6.30 p.m.





We were given a T-shirt, log book, several masks and a note book.

Then, we got up onto the bus. There were two buses waiting for the students. Out of sudden, Mr Koh came and ask us to transfer to another bus. We were in the wrong bus!

The journey was a long one. At first, I thought we will be going to Pahang using highway. But then, I was wrong. We went there from Segamat. Maybe the night before I drank too much water, I had the urge to pee. Lolz....




After travelling for like 2 hours, we stopped at a place called Pasir Besar. Not sure where it is. Most of us got down from the bus to go release 'liquid'. Then Angeline, Sandra and me ate roti canai at the Mamak shop. Haha...That was my breakfast.

Back to bus, and continued our journey. Once again, we stopped for toilets at some place that I don't know.
After returning to bus, I began to feel sleepy. Sleep only la, still got so long time only reach Taman Negara. I slept for like 1 hour only.

Woke up in a dizzy state. I thought we already reached Taman Negara. But the fact is we havent reach at all!



We were stopping for lunch at Jerantut? I guess so larr... The girls and I walked with Mr Lim, searching around for Chinese cuisine. Finally we found one Chinese shop selling Char Siew rice. I cannot tahan already la, go toilet again. Lolz!!! The toilet was so dirty but I got no choice.



Rushed back to bus. We were the last group to reach the bus. Haha... There's about 2 hours till we reach Taman Negara. I was awake during that time.





The road to Taman Negara so bengkang bengkok... During that time, Angeline, Sandra and me were listening to song from my handphone. Haha..Got nothing to do so we listen and sing songs.

P/S : Vicky, really Lu Tai Wan!!!



Reached Taman Negara at about 2 something. Then the girls and boys were divided..Nooooooo....
I went to the chalets with the boys. Our chalet is called Liana Hostel.




Four people one room. My roommates were Form 3 students from SFI namely Johnston, Lee and Wai Huang.

Lolz, I went to had a quick bath. Then, changed into my attire and went to Liana Restaurant to gather for some speech.



After that, we went to the jungle by boat. Adventure starts here!





The jungle trekking was really challenging. Had a lot of 'fun' and 'happy' moments while in the jungle. Not to mention the falls and slips. Haha...




 

I did not keep track of the time we were in the jungle. What I know was Vicky's shoes were detached. She had to trek the jungle without shoes, only her socks. Poor girl...It must been a very hard time for a 'Xiao Jie' like her...hahaha...

After trekking for some time, we reached a cave called Gua Telinga. We had to go through the cave. Of course, it would be hard for a big sized fella like me! Angeline was in front of me at the entrance. But she was too scare to continue. Haha... In the end, the guide asked me to go in front of her to help and guide her since I got torch light.

Just as I entered the cave, after the first obstacle, I slipped. Out of torch light! Luckily it was me, not her. Couldn't find my torch light. Had to depend on my old and faithful Nokia 1208 for light...

The smell in the cave stinks. There's bats in the cave. And it's so hot. There were several places in the cave where the path is so narrow. I need to learn how to be a worm. Haha...

Somewhere near the exit, my leg got dipped into the water. My camera!!! It's wet... I got out of the cave after that. Don't have time to check my camera. After that, I waited above the exit of the cave. Wanna wait Angeline and Sandra to come out so that I can help them. The place was very slippery and rocky.



Three of us went out safely. I was trying to help Angeline when I slipped down. So paiseh...Luckily I didn't pull her down with me.

Then, we met up with Vicky at the entrance of the cave again and prepared to go back. The place was getting dark. It's only about 6 pm.



Finally we stepped out of the jungle and headed back to our chalets. While we were on the boat, the 'abang' make us all wet. Lolz, my backpack and everything! All wet. Camera got wet again!



Went back to chalet, had a quick bath then went down to Liana Restaurant for dinner.While waiting, I checked my camera. The screen was filled with water and the lens had some water vapour. But it's still functionable.  After dinner, we went for Night Walk.





I managed to capture some photos during Night Walk, but my camera's situation was becoming worst. All the photos were blur and misty.

Suddenly, my camera lens jammed. Cant on already. I was thinking my camera sure die already la. So I kept the camera in Angeline's bag and continued the activity.

I almost fell off the track when I said 'Hi' to a grasshopper. Luckily I managed to hold on to the tree. The trekking at night was more creepy. We were scared that we stepped on some animal's tail. Haha...

We reached a platform to watch animals activities at night. Then one of the guide asked us to turn off the torch lights and kept silence for 5 minutes. Imagine that, total darkness and silence in the forest for 5 minutes. Super duper creepy!!!!!



Got back from the night walk. Then went to a shop with the girls. While lepak-ing at there, suddenly one 'higher-pangkat-fella' came and halau me balik bilik. =.=



I had no choice but to go back lo... Everyone was not asleep yet. Johnston was still sms-ing. I subscribed to 1 hour online pass from maxis. I online using my phone for like 40 minutes, then I fell asleep.

That's all for Day 1. It took me one hour to type this post.Will update more for Day 2 and Day 3. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

vicky煒琪 said...

what "xiao jie"???
i still go on without the shoes!!!

d4rkholeang3l said...

haha...xiao jie la...din apply lotion ar?

Post a Comment